|© Depositphotos.com /|
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Chlorophyll - The Life Blood of Nature
Chlorophyll has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties. It offers a lot more benefits as well: It cleanses your blood and helps detoxify your liver, colon and entire digestive tract.
But what is chlorophyll, and what makes it special?
Interestingly, chlorophyll is chemically similar in composition to that of human blood, except that the central atom in chlorophyll is magnesium, while the central atom in human blood is iron:
The benefits of chlorophyll have been studied for many years in the field of science and research. Here are just some of the known chlorophyll benefits:
Health Benefits of Chlorophyll
• Assists in the growth and repair of tissues,
• Helps in neutralizing the pollution that we breathe in every day (a great supplement for smokers),
• It efficiently delivers magnesium and helps the blood carry oxygen to all cells and tissues,
• It is useful in assimilating and chelating calcium and other heavy minerals,
• It has great potential to stimulate red blood cell production,
• Chlorophyll helps neutralize free radicals that damage healthy cells,
• It is an effective deodorizer to reduce bad breath, urine, fecal, and body odor,
• It reduces the ability of carcinogens to bind with the DNA in major organs in the body,
• Chlorophyll may be useful in treating calcium oxalate stone ailments, and
• It can be used to treat infected wounds naturally.
And these are only a few of the multitude of benefits that chlorophyll can provide to the body....
A recent study conducted by researchers from Oregon State University (OSU) found that chlorophyll works effectively to block bodily absorption of Aflatoxin, a fungal contaminant found in many grain and legume stocks. Published in the journal Cancer Prevention Research, Aflatoxin is implicated in causing problems in the liver, including liver cancer. George Bailey, an OSU scientist who has studied Aflatoxin exposure in China, found that in one region ten percent of inhabitants die from Aflatoxin-induced liver cancer. In the presence of chlorophyll, however, Aflatoxin is prevented from entering the bloodstream and quickly eliminated from the system.
Additional research indicates as one increases consumption of chlorophyll, the quality and quantity of the red blood cells improve. This can be noted on a CBC medical test as the red blood count increases and the hemoglobin increases in the healthy ranges.
Liquid Chlorophyll can be added to water or to SuperGreens to improve the concentration of this powerful blood builder. Liquid Chlorophyll is also a great way to transition a new person to the “green” lifestyle.